The 2013 challenge is now complete. This page is kept for information purposes only. Please see the print friendly PDF files on right hand side of your screen now.
Enter the 2013 Winelist Challenge
The downloadable PDF documents on the right hand side provide you with useful information by headings.
New - 2 categories for entering
We have reviewed feedback received from restaurants over the past year. We recognise that long (and expensive to stock) wine lists are often associated with fine dining and that shorter (but not inferior, merely more selective) lists are often associated with a relaxed dining approach. We have therefore put in place 2 categories for entry in 2013 and it is up to each establishment to identify which of either –
- Fine dining - long wine list, or
- Relaxed dining - shorter wine list
Category that they feel is most suited to their establishment. Both categories have 3 tiers of awards that can be won – inspirational, excellent and highly regarded.
BENEFIT FOR DINING ESTABLISHMENTS –
10 key reasons to say yes…and enter now!
- High profile
- Increase visibility & footfall
- Top wine judges and sommeliers
- Maximum of 100 winning restaurants listed
- Year-long high profile marketing; all of 2013!
- Leverage opportunities with Top 100 winning vineyards
- Transparent protocol, clear criteria, useful feedback you can implement
- Free entry to the Top 100 tasting festivals in CT, JHB, Durban (save R200)
- Restaurants showcased on high traffic website, extensive database marketing
- 2013 edition Top 100 book entry with SA & worldwide distribution…
and you’ll be in it!
Key changes for 2013 Challenge
We have adopted innovations and changes to suit you even better for 2013. In summary:
- Entry fees are set at the same level as last year
- There are no winners fees payable in addition this year. Any extra value add options are voluntary.
- There are two categories of entry – fine dining/long lists & relaxed dining shorter lists
- There are three tiers of awards – Inspirational, Outstanding and Highly Regarded
- This year there are also 3 special awards: Best new restaurant (open for 24 months or less); Best Regional/Themed SA list, and Smartest list (unusual, creative, flair)
- Winners additional marketing benefits are now voluntary and it is up to you to select them if you wish to
- Additional benefits includes a free R200 ticket to attend the Top 100 SA Wines tasting festivals, in April
Top 100 sets the standard:
You and your restaurant customers deserve to have access to a judged wine list protocol that is transparent and appealing. Consumers and wine lovers alike will benefit from the plausible rankings as well as best value awards. These enhance overall dining enjoyment.
Wine is an integral part of good dining. Fine wines and great service are both key to a great dining experience.
International and local diners have expectations for a better quality of wine and service. The annual Top 100 SA Wine List Challenge 2013 helps to fulfil these needs.